Search This Blog

Monday, July 24, 2017

Masculine spotlight technique card



Hey all! Check out my design team project for Art Neko Stamps It's a masculine spotlight technique card featuring Art Neko’s  Japanese Fishing Boat Silhouette stamp.
I know sometimes I struggle with making masculine cards this technique is a NO FAIL way to make a great masculine or really any card. All you have to do is stamp your image on white card stock I chose to use a 3.75X5 inch piece of cardstock and stamped my image right in the middle.
I placed a circle die on the image lower right just enough so I caught part of the image and part of white space, I ran it through my die cutter, removed the circle and water colored the circle with with distress inks tumbled glass, salty ocean and tea dye on the appropriate spots of the partial image on the circle.
I layered and glued the white card panel onto a medium blue card panel 4X5.25 inches then those 2 card panels were glued on a light blue card panel 5.5X4.25 inches. Now its time to replace that watered colored circle into the cut out circle(negative space), I like to use dry adhesive for this so there is no oozing of glue around the edges, I also make sure its not crooked.
Those layered card panels completed my card front so I then glued it onto a white standard A2 sized card base. I printed “Sail away with me” from my computer and cut that into 3.75 inch strip and glued it towards the top of my card so it is placed white on white.  That’s it all done! It looks great and was super quick. In the words of my husband when I asked him his opinion of the card “I’d give that that to a dude if it didn’t say sail away with me” LOL.
CLICK HERE to see a detailed process video of this card on my YouTube channel. That ends my blog post for today. Have a GREAT week and stay crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment